Monday, July 29, 2013

Feeling pretty good

I just got done with my last day of radiation, and it feels pretty good to be done with another leg of my treatment.  It took about 7 weeks to get through at around an hour a day for 5 days a week.  Periodic nausea, increased fatigue, a sore throat for the past three weeks, and what is currently looking like a bad sunburn on my back were the worst parts of radiation.  I was able to work almost full time hours during the whole way, so it was a very manageable part of my treatment so far.  The nausea and lack of appetite appears to be clearing up already over the weekend, and I am hopeful that the sore throat/burnt back heal up shortly as well.  Fatigue is still sticking around, but I managed to drive back and forth to Des Moines over the weekend without much of a problem.  Nor did it prevent me from meeting up with several of my friends and help celebrate my niece's first birthday.  I fell asleep during the present opening, but I don't think she noticed.  The drive home seemed to go by faster than the way up, and a mix of coffee, iced tea, and loud music pulled me through in the last half hour to make it home last night.  

I have CT and PET scans lined up in one week.  I'll meet with Van Tine the following Thursday to hear what the docs have decided is next up.  I'll be using this week to relax, get some work done, and not worry about what this will entail.  It'll be the first week in a long time without having to go to the hospital for anything, and I plan on enjoying it.

I also put up some pictures that I've been putting off.  There is one of my lab from before starting chemo.  I can't thank them enough for all the support they have given me.  One of Anna and I at the Yazoo brewery in Nashville about two weeks into radiation and the low point of my hair content.  One of my parents and sister Amy when they came down to visit a few weeks ago.  The last was last week at the Cardinals game with the triumphant return of my hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment