Tuesday, September 3, 2013

A week off

I was discharged from the hospital last Tuesday and have been slowly getting back to normal since then.  Nausea was the first to go, and I've been regaining my appetite a little with each day.  To balance that out, I've now lost the ability to stay awake much past 9 pm and my morning pelvic pain is returning.  The nice thing is that I feel fine from about 10 am to 6 pm.  It's been great being able to relax and work regular days without having to stop by the hospital for any reason.  However, that streak ends tomorrow with my appointment with Dr. Abboud, the newest member of the medical team.  He specializes in bone marrow transplants, and I will be meeting with him to discuss my possible self donation and transplant that I've talked about in previous posts.  Then I have a regular appt to check my blood counts on Thursday with my next round of chemo starting on Monday.  Hopefully things keep looking up and forward with the current plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment